Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award, the highest award given by IIT, Kanpur, in recognition of his achievements of exceptional merit.
- Awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award, the highest award given by IIT, Kanpur, in recognition of his achievements of exceptional merit
- Winner of the Directors Honours and Deans List at Wharton School of Business.
- Selected to the prestigious IITK@50 at the Golden Jubilee Alumni Convention, which honoured the top 50 Alumni of IIT, Kanpur in the last 50 years who have excelled and had visible and lasting impact in their areas of work.
- Showcased as one of the IIT system's top 15 achievers at the 1st PAN IIT meet in California in January 2003.
- Recognised as one of the 100 Most Powerful CEOs by the Economic Times in 2009.
- At 39, he became the youngest ever CEO at a Reliance company.
- Credited with reducing power theft in Delhi from 55% to 4-5%.
- Grew the Polypropylene startup business at Reliance to a US $1 billion company in just 4 years.